I’m losing my mind. I knew this day would come eventually but not this soon, not at my age. But I have been a complete weirdo this week. I blame it on stress and the most recent culprit, lack of sleep. To put this more in perspective for you, here are some of the things I accomplished this week (if you can call it that):
- I forgot my lunch today. Not a big deal. But I take my lunch to work everyday – I do not forget my lunch. Well I did. On the counter, on the table, I have no idea. But I do know that Chase dined on my lovely leftover pork chop sandwich. Bitch.
- I left my phone in the car. Not a big deal. But I get paranoid with out the darn thing and trekked my butt all the way back to the parking garage to retrieve it. And then had a strange conversation with the new little security guard. It was almost as strange as that day we saw a deer leg in a parking spot. Almost.
- I put leave-in conditioner on my face instead of in my hair. I quickly panicked after I did this because my face is known to break out after having alien products applied to it. So I washed my face like crazy. But I still had the sweet smell of hair product all day.
- I just deleted a post. I have no idea why I pressed “trash” but I did. So if you see “Week 10” pop up your feeder again, it’s because I’m a numskull.
- I had a minor spaz attack at Jimmy Johns. Who knew they could fit that many people in such a small space. And be able to hide the cup lids so well. PodMate, I don’t know what I’d do without you.
- I went to our shared, public restroom at work in house slippers. Yes, I occasionally wear house slippers at work. I sit at a desk all day, no one sees my feet. But everyone did today, including the custodian.
- I slept fully clothed last night. I’m talking blue jeans, hoody, the works. I thought I’d relax for a bit. At some point I passed out and managed to weasel myself under the covers.
- And I ate cake for dinner last night. OK, that’s not that weird but still, I had absolutely no desire to make a ham sandwich or warm up that pork chop sandwich that Chase wolfed down today. Boo.
Keep me away from sharp objects. I can totally see myself losing a thumb or something. All I know is I need this weekend. I need tomorrow night’s festivities that include cervezas, I need to sleep in on Saturday and I need to finally go see my new Target. And maybe more cake.