… by the Knitting Bug. I’m digging this knitting thing. I’ve had three fat mess ups since last week. One I was able to fix myself but that’s 30 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. The second mistake my wonderful Mom was able to correct in a couple minutes. And the third error my Mom had fixed in 5 seconds flat with a crochet hook. Show off.
But it’s going good. Knitting that is. And if I can keep a steady pace [and not have catastrophic mess ups] I could quite possibly be done in a week or so. This is how far I’ve gotten since last week:
With just a week of knitting under my belt, I’ve learned things. Things I didn’t think I’d be able to accomplish like
- how to knit and purl at once and be able to distinguish them.
- realizing how relaxing it is.
- how to hold my needles correctly instead of balancing them on my belly.
- how to fix mistakes – which this might help me with my impatience. Or not.
- noticing how annoyed the BDD gets that 1) she cannot sit in my lap (like she fits) and 2) keeps getting spooked by a rogue needle that taps her while she sleeps.
I think I’m going to be sticking to these easy to do/easy to finish knitting numbers. Hats and scarves will begin to take over the hall closet. Or my friends will all start wearing the “Brooke Winter Collection.”