Listastic Time

Yes.  Another list.  My mind is going off in about 100 directions so this seemed like the most logical thing to do.  Bear with me.  Or ignore me.  I’ll never know the difference.

• I wish it was Friday.  Because I have mini eclairs in my freezer that will  be eaten on Friday night.
  • Ear buds.  Molded to fit comfortably in the ear.  Apparently “comfortable” is a relative term.
  • Harlan County exists!!  We saw the county booth at the Kentucky State Fair and I just smiled.  If you haven’t watched Justified, you are seriously missing out on some good television.
  • Speaking of the state fair, I saw my balls.  No ribbon but they looked so pretty.  AmyHasBangs just made me an award ribbon.  Thanks Amy – I wear it with pride.
  • I love the Kentucky Pork Producers.  They make a mean pork chop sandwich.  I didn’t want it to end.  Ever.
  • When I was younger, I used to think my brother looked like Keanu Reeves.  I now know his long, lost, younger twin is actually Justin Long.
  • I have more nicknames for the BDD than I do for the dog that can hear.  At the moment, Yard Cow and Mini Moose are at the top of my list.
  • New knitting project has commenced.  It’s going very well too – not using the help of anyone but instead breaking in my Stitch’n Bitch book. Update: Yeah, I spoke too soon.  Knitting debacle of the decade happened 10 hours after I wrote this bullet.  And I couldn’t fix it.  Luckily, Bev the Knitting Guru was three feet away.
  • And thanks to the return of football season, I figure I’ll have this new project buttoned up in 6 weeks or less.  I like football – I just can’t watch as many games as the hubs does.  So I knit while I watch.  It’s win-win.
  • A three year old called me a weirdo this week.  Yet she was the one with the skirt over her head.  So much to learn, little kemosabe, so much to learn.
  • IN LOVE WITH THE WEATHER!  It was 65 degrees this morning.  Hasn’t tipped over 90 in a week.  I love it.  Stay forever.  Please.
  • Le blog is hosting a giveaway this week.  Ends this Friday so scoot your boot on over to meet Sweeter Lemon and sign up.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
To learn more about Brooke and see her recent work, visit her new site at brookemurphyphoto.com. Follow Brooke on Facebook or Twitter.

August 26, 2010 - 10:25 am

Wendi @ Bon Appetit Hon - Boo, I’m convinced that the Kentucky has better State Fair food than Maryland. I mean I can’t get a pork chop sandwich at MSF and that is just a world of wrong.

August 26, 2010 - 10:55 am

Melanie - Here are my thoughts on your list.
1. I wish I was there tomorrow to enjoy the eclairs with you, on second thought I may have to make a trip to the grocery.
2. Ear buds are sooo not comfortable!
3. You will get em’ next year, just make your balls a little stronger! :) Oh, and I wish I had some KY pork producers right about now.
4. You better wrap that knitting up soon, won’t you have a new project to start in ooooh I don’t know a couple of weeks?
5. I don’t think it has gotten above 85 here in weeks, it was 75 yesterday..yes it already feels like fall!
6. I lus you boo and miss ya!

August 26, 2010 - 10:57 am

Shelly B - So, I saw your tweet about pork chop sandwich, grater taters, and bud light. All my favorite foods from the fair. I’m so jealous! The rest of the fam is going this weekend and they have definitely been instructed on what to eat for me while they are there. :)

August 26, 2010 - 11:01 am

Brooke - @Wendipants – I love the food at the fair. I had a hard time deciding between the pork producers and the 40-minute line at Mike Lennig’s fish tent. Pork FTW. But we also had Krispy Kreme burgers – not up for trying that. But I did get a pic of the kiosk.

@Melanie – I do plan on resubmitting my balls next year. And don’t you worry, I’ve already commissioned my mom for an important knitting project. And I miss you too.

@Shelly – Glad to know I’m not the only one who plans their fair trip around the food. Abby did the same – and she did eat 2 grater taters yesterday. :)

August 26, 2010 - 11:54 am

Todd - Sorry to hear you don’t have prize-winning balls. It isn’t true, you know, that the alcohol evaporates in the cooking. I read somewhere you’d have to cook something for 3 hours for that to happen. So, those bourbon balls are really just little chocolatey shots of Kentucky bourbon. How awesome is that!

August 26, 2010 - 12:14 pm

Brooke - @Todd – I don’t cook my bourbon balls – but they are chocolate dipped. The inside is just mixed and rolled into a ball for chilling. But these babies weren’t that strong. *boo*

August 26, 2010 - 2:21 pm

katie o. - I love your lists.
I wish it was Friday too. Not because I have eclairs to eat, but beacuse my work week would be over. Enough said.

August 27, 2010 - 9:34 am

Anamaris - I’ve missed the lists. I was right there with you, smirking, giggling, agreeing. Then you had to do the obnoxious thing. I could see that satisfactory smirk on your face. I could hear the childlike ‘nanananana’ in your voice. Did you HAVE to rub in that I live Houston and it hasnt gone BELOW 99 degrees since Lindsay Lohan was a sweet kid? You and your nice weather suck!

PS: Was Raylan leaning against a poll with his cowboy hat and boots and those insanely tight jeans on? Drooooool!

August 27, 2010 - 9:56 am

katie o. - how much longer until the next season of justified? nice plug brooke. really is a great show.

August 27, 2010 - 2:57 pm

Brooke - @Katie – It’s Friday. I’ve already celebrated. And I have no idea when it comes back on but I’m sure me and Hulu will be best friends again.

@Anamaris – The weather’s been too nice not to rub it in. Sorry. And no marshalls at the booth; just some kind Kentucky folk trying to build tourism, if you can believe it.

August 27, 2010 - 4:12 pm

omawarisan - bullet point 4, sentence one: Some day I will say that sentence aloud. :)

August 30, 2010 - 11:24 am

Anamaris - hehe. I’ve read your reply 3 times. First time I thought, marshmallows?! What is she talking about? 2nd time I thought, ‘oh, duh, marshalls’. 3rd time I thought ‘marshmallows’, huh? oh wait.

Monday brain, OBVIOUSLY.

I don’t even like marshmallows!

September 1, 2010 - 11:47 am

Mary Beth - “Bear with me or ignore me…I’ll never know the difference.” Brilliant! I laughed out loud.

S o c i a l