So this past weekend was a long one. I had four days off work. I didn’t think I did much but looking back on it I realize that I really did. Running around, socializing, more running around, more socializing. But there were two things that just surprised me this weekend. No… more like three.
1. The dogs’ allergies. What in the world is going on? Both doggins have been itching and chewing and scratching and it’s annoying. For everyone in the house. But I feel sorry my little Chase. You know, the dog that can hear? She has scratched so much that her left eye has swollen up, the fur on her face is beginning to fade and she looks just miserable. And I’ve pumped her with so many antihistamines that going to the potty is no longer any fun. We have a date with the vet tomorrow afternoon. It’s pathetic. She’s pathetic. I feel really sorry for her. The BDD? Ah, she’s just driving bonkers. Like she’s scratching along just to get some of the attention.
2. The hubs lost a big bet. Since we were hosting the Louisville vs. Kentucky football game at our house on Saturday, I told him he had to stay awake until the last person left. Because he never stays awake. I don’t mind being with our friends alone or staying up late and I like it that our friends feel enough at home at our home that they don’t want to leave but why can’t the hubs just stay up? He failed miserably, people. Fell asleep at 9pm. I can’t believe it myself. Even as the words “I’m going to lose the bet” left his lips and his head was hitting pillow, I stood there with my mouth hanging open. I still haven’t decided what his punishment is but it’s gotta be a good one.
3. I reveled in the fact that I’m still under 30. I made sure to state it about a bazillion times at my Big Bro’s house on Sunday. Even as the Little Elf kept swinging from my neck, I made sure to say that my “less than 30 year old neck” was sore. Yah. That’s one gonna come back to bite me in the butt big time. And it will probably happen in two years. When my Monkey of niece asks me if I’m still in the Under 30 Club. Because she would do something like that.
OK, I lied. Four things surprised me.
4. I barely spent any time on the computer this weekend. Barely. A few minutes on Friday. A couple more on Saturday. None on Sunday. And I sorted through some photos late last night. All in all, about four hours total. What is wrong with me?! Four hours in four days… on the computer… not the internet but the actual computer. I checked for a fever and I felt fine but something is just not quite right. I’ll let you know when I figure out what it was.
Oh hell, make it five.
5. Drew’s brisket. I shouldn’t have been surprised, it’s competition winning meat recipe but seriously… all-things-glorious-in-this-world, this was some of the best beef I’ve sunk my teeth into. No lie. I don’t know how much that thing weighed but 18 adults consumed it in less than two hours. I want more. Actually, that last bit doesn’t surprise me at all.