Outtakes

Last weekend, I met up with an old friend from high school and her kiddos.  And the kahuna.  And while I have so much sorting to do because these kiddos were fun/adorable/cute I thought I’d share a couple outtakes.

Something about them just kept drawing me back in.  I had to keep them if not for my friend, then to contribute to my little 50/50/50 challenge.

Bubble Fun

An outtake for sure.  The little guy is out of focus.  It’s really a tight crop.  But it takes me back to moment.  And he’s such a good little guy.  And really fast.

Push Me Higher

Another outtake.  The shot is really too dark.  But the lines of the swing chains and her hair make me love it.  Reminds me of being on a swing and feeling the wind through my hair.

I’ve got plenty more to share but you’ll have to wait until I can narrow the shots down to double digits.  You read right.  It’s on my to do list this weekend.

Pinky promise.

To learn more about Brooke and see her recent work, visit her new site at brookemurphyphoto.com. Follow Brooke on Facebook or Twitter.

October 22, 2010 - 12:01 pm

PerpetuallyPeeved - I love these. I wouldn’t consider them outtakes. I’d call them vintage-inspired artsy shots. :)

October 22, 2010 - 12:22 pm

katie o. - I second that. The so called outtakes are where all of the interesting parts happen. Blowing bubbles…swinging. These are the best moments…and shots. :)

October 22, 2010 - 12:24 pm

Brooke - We have plenty more of bubble blowing and swinging! Believe me – these kids know how to dominate a play ground.

October 22, 2010 - 12:39 pm

Becki D - I love the feel of the swinging one. It’s dark, yes…but great movement with the swing and her hair and feet. It reminds me of my own long lazy fall afternoons as a kiddo, draining every last moment of sunshine out of the day before heading inside. Ahhh.

October 22, 2010 - 1:31 pm

Amy - The swing one looks vintage and dreamy. If I had that pic of me as a child I would cherish it.
Love the eyelashes on bubble boy. Very sweet.

October 22, 2010 - 3:48 pm

Todd - What Amy said.

October 23, 2010 - 3:19 pm

Anamaris - I have to agre with PP, I LOVE these because they look real. I think you managed to capture their spirits which is incredibly difficult to do. Good eye!

October 23, 2010 - 6:36 pm

lauren - hay dolly,
your fancy display of pretty pictures
makes my little tummy flutter.
love your blog to pieces.
I’ll enjoy admiring it form afar! x

November 5, 2010 - 11:16 am

Danielle - Love your “outtakes”! The first pic is beautiful for it’s softness I would not put it in the outtake pile! I am a sucker for soft pictures though. And the second makes me want to swing! I love it! It screams childhood to me!

S o c i a l