Come and Gone

Christmastime

What’s Christmas without a picture of your reflection in an ornament?

This Christmas passed rather quickly.  We usually have a day chocked full of family time.  Unfortunately, not this year.  We blame Lucy and Lexy.

Lucy and Lexy would be a brand new pair of guinea pigs.  For the hubs’ little niece from the FIL.  Never really having been around the rodents, we thought we’d check them out.  Yeah… fail.

The hubs is allergic to Lucy and Lexy.  We didn’t know this going into the introduction.  Even after the sneezing was halted, his face was swelling and eyes blood red.  Christmas ended after the guinea pigs.

He’s fine now.  We pumped him full of Benedryl and had him pass out on the couch.  The swelling went down after a few hours.  But we had missed the Christmas festivities.

So I did what any other woman would do loaded with boredom, a new camera, Christmas decorations and a deaf dog.

Yep.

Photo shoot.

Tired BDD

The BDD hopes you all had a wonderful holiday.

And that no allergic reactions took place at your home this season.

To learn more about Brooke and see her recent work, visit her new site at brookemurphyphoto.com. Follow Brooke on Facebook or Twitter.

December 27, 2010 - 8:15 am

Wendi @ Bon Appetit Hon - But you know this will live on as the year the guinea pigs canceled Christmas. It will become an epic family tale.

December 27, 2010 - 8:23 am

Bobbi - Benadryl is a lifesaver in our house, too.

What a great yawn! – evidence of his own Christmas feast?

December 27, 2010 - 9:47 am

Tom B. Taker - Very nice Christmas pictures. Can you describe your lens? My lens can do 20x zoom but narrow depth of field is an extreme chore. You make it look so easy.

December 27, 2010 - 10:30 am

Brooke - Hey Tom, I used my 50mm prime lens. No zoom. I actually like a narrow DOF (I might be addicted to it) so I open my aperture to f/1.8 quite often. Many zooms don’t stop up after f/3.5 – some of the faster glass can stop up to f/2.8 and you pay for it too.

December 28, 2010 - 9:55 am

Anamaris - oh no! That’s me and cats, can’t take the little buggers. I’m loving the new shots. I may have to go visit you for some classes. Hint, hint.

December 28, 2010 - 10:54 pm

Denise - I love the picture of the puppy!!! Oh my sooooooo cute.

December 29, 2010 - 1:07 pm

Angie - Jealous – I want a new camera SO bad! You are doing mighty fine things with that baby! ;)

S o c i a l