It’s been quite some time since I’ve cooked something and been all wowza about it. But I made a “soup” last week that was all wowza. One because it was so simple. And two because it was so yummy. And three because it really was that simple.
I started this new little menu-helper thing a couple weeks ago and while the verdict is still out, I’m impressed with how ingredients are used and re-used during the week. If anything, it’s something to learn from because planning menus is not my forte. Neither is enforcing them. But so far so good. Especially when this little number hit the scene.
The recipe is Tortellini Sausage Soup. It might be called “soup” but mine wasn’t very soupy. This, of course, has not stopped me from eating it. I don’t cook with tortellini often; I think this might be the third time I have. Maybe. I don’t exactly keep count of that kind of thing. But I loved them with the Italian sausage, tomatoes and spinach. The spinach is the best part actually. Because you can’t taste it. How’s that for healthy addition.
If you need something simple, hearty but still has some wowza, I totally recommend this “soup.” It’s on today’s lunch menu. I’m pretty stoked about it.
Tortellini Sausage Soup
– 1/2lb Italian sausage
– 9oz package of 4-cheese tortellini
– 14oz can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
– 8oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
– 2 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of water
1. Brown sausage and drain grease.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Heat to boiling and simmer for 10 minutes or until tortellini is soft.
4. And that’s all she wrote.