Tuesday. May 29, 2012. It happens to be mine and Mike’s wedding anniversary. The hubs and I have been married for eight years now. So I figured after celebrating a wonderful wedding with friends this weekend… with love all around us… and with the anniversary falling on a Tuesday, I should make it listastic. :)
• We balance each other out. I’m emotional; Mike is restrained. I’m always cold; Mike’s always hot. I like to be creative; Mike is more calculated. I like goat cheese; Mike sticks with American. I’m a really good dancer; Mike is… you get where I’m going with this.
• Of course, we do have things in common. We both love napping on the couch, hot wings with ranch for dipping, White Castle, beer, vacationing, watching movies, hosting parties and a good fiction book. (Albeit, different types of fiction, but fiction nonetheless.) We both despise yard work, cleaning house, putting away laundry… anything that could mildly be considering laboring.
• Wow. I just described two lazy people that love bad food. Awesome. High five us.
• Mike is my anchor. When I’m off going crazy or worrying or over-analyzing every bit of every thing, he sits there, quiet and stoic. He lets me be crazy. Most times. But he’s always there for me when I’m done. I love him so much for this.
• He also sits there quiet and stoic when I’m laying out my best jokes for him. That I don’t find as amusing. But it may be good for my ego.
• The hubs is so smart. Seriously, the man has casual conversations about fancy math. But sometimes it’s annoying. Like when we’re watching TV and he starts explaining how and why a machine on the TV show works.
• But honestly, it’s really a turn on. Who knew a scientific calculator in a man’s pocket could do this to a girl.
• We have occasional hip-hop dance parties late at night. This usually consists of Mike sitting at the computer playing DJ and me bouncing around the room with my best gansta look on my face.
• Eight years. Sometimes it doesn’t feel like it’s been eight years. Other times it feels like an eternity. I can’t imagine how 25 years will feel. But I can’t wait to find out.